Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas Card Display.

It's been 11 months since my husband and I moved into our new home. I was flipping through old blogs about when we moved and came across the one about settling in.

I thought it would be timely to show you again how I organized and displayed all the Christmas cards we received (while homeless at Christmas last year). Even though it was January when we moved in, once we got in I was anxious to put all the lovely cards up somewhere to appreciate since we spent the month of December setting them aside.

If you'd like to read the original post click here.

All I used were some basic ribbon and mini clothes pins (found at most craft stores or box stores) to secure the cards to the ribbon. You could use tape if you decide the pins aren't your thing, of course.

Click on the photo to view larger.
This year I'm using the neat card display stocking I usually use since I was able to bust out all the decorations again! It's crazy to think that it's been 2 years since I saw most of the Christmas stuff.

Is your house all decorated for Christmas already? When did you start (I mean, did you wait until after Thanksgiving like I did) or did you have stuff up at Halloween?

Happy Holidays!







 photo LikeMe.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Waiting until after Thanksgiving is a MUST for us! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday so I can't stand to overlook it. We also host a huge Thanksgiving dinner at our place so I think having people for a holiday when I've already decorated for the next is awkward. I need a cute way to display Christmas cards in my living room where I don't have cabinets :/ We currently just tape them to the wall which makes me cringe every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wait too!
      What if you used a thick ribbon and hung it from somewhere on your wall and pinned the cards to it? It'd be similar to the idea above but on a thicker ribbon & just hanging instead of wrapped around the cabinet.

      Delete
  2. pleasant article...this post is spectacular in regards of both information as well as information.thanks for talking about you post with us....
    by POS 421 Individual Assignment provider

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I read every comment, so thank you for taking the time to leave one.