Monday, January 21, 2013

Twice Baked Potato Casserole & Unclogging Pipes.

I love twice baked potatoes.

I also love casseroles.

When I saw a recipe that combined these two delicious creations, I had to try it. 

On Friday, I had a couple friends over and I used them as my guinea pigs for this recipe that I found on Six Sisters' Stuff blog, though it originates from a different blog. I didn't even think to take pictures while we were preparing it, because about 10 minutes into the prep process we had a hiccup - I told my friend to put the potato peels down the garbage disposal (bad decision) and like you'd guess, we clogged the pipes! THIS I had time to film! You're welcome!


On the bright side, I learned that it's not real complicated to open up your pipes and get whatever is clogging it - out! Just make sure you have a big tub or bucket underneath for the water when it comes flowing out. 

Now, hopefully the clogging hasn't grossed you out completely, because the actual casserole was DELICIOUS! But again, no progress pics. Only the picture of the final product AFTER we'd devoured most of it. 







Twice Baked Potato Casserole
(Recipe from Sippity Sup)


INGREDIENTS:
  • 5 lb russet potatoes
  • 10 sli bacon
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 0.5 c unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 c sour cream
  • 0.25 c chives, minced
  • 2.5 c cheddar cheese, grated
  • 2 t kosher salt
  • 0.5 t pepper
DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel potatoes, and cut into 1-inch chunks. Place in a large saucepan, and add enough cold water to cover by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender and easily pierced with a paring knife, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain; return to pan, cover, and set aside.

2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon, and cook until crisp and browned, turning once. Transfer to paper towels to drain; let cool, and crumble into pieces.

3. Using a fork, mash the potatoes in pan until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese, butter, and sour cream, and stir until combined and smooth. Add the chives, 2 cups cheddar cheese, half the bacon, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.

4. Transfer to a buttered 3-quart baking dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Bake until top is slightly golden and potatoes are heated through, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven; garnish with remaining bacon. Serve immediately.




I can't use the Mike Meter on this one because he didn't get a chance to try any, but my mom did stop by Saturday and I gave her some to take home. She told me it was delicious! And she rated it a 10!



So, there ya go. Everyone loved the Twice Baked Potato Casserole! 

Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I read every comment, so thank you for taking the time to leave one.