Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Day-After-Christmas.

Ok, so I'm a day late . . . and as always, probably a dollar short. Life is crazy, and not because of Christmas. The husband and I SOLD OUR HOUSE!! and to make an extremely long, stressful, tearful and depressing story short - we've been moving and packing and almost forgot Christmas altogether. Yea.

But I did do a few fun "festive" things this year and I thought I'd share those with you Instagram-style!

I painted my nails red then used the Sand Paper nails technique - this time with RED embossing glitter.


My niece and I made a snowman garland. I cut out the snowman bodies and hats, and I also drew on the coal and carrot, but she glued on the hats and added the lovely scarves.  She had so much fun with this one!


That same night, we made reindeer cookies! I found a post on Pinterest, of course, and thought it was the perfect baking project for a 3 year old! We made peanut butter cookies (plus pretzels and M&Ms).


And Sugar Cookies with frosting! We used a heart shaped cookie cutter for the head, I was pretty proud of that idea!


And on Christmas Eve all the family got together and I called in a special favor from a good friend to come surprise my niece.


The best part was when we all asked her if she'd been a good girl this year, and she replied "no." (HA!) She was a little afraid of Santa, but he brought her Candy Land and since she said thank you, he promised to return that night and give her more presents!

Above all the stress of moving out of our house around the holidays, we've learned a big lesson. It doesn't matter where you are on Christmas, it matters whom you're with. And we are thankful to have a great family and group of friends supporting us and loving us.

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! Here's to an even better 2013!

Merry Day-After-Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I LOVE the cookies… such a cute Idea, i'm gonna have to try making these with my babies, I think they'll enjoy making them. I really like the nail polish too… great post

    Happy New Year

    Maya D
    www.perfectlyimperfektme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I read every comment, so thank you for taking the time to leave one.